Fashion News, Van Cleef and Arpels - April 25th, 2018

History of Van Cleef & Arpels and Their Expected Increase In Prices this Year

When you think of Van Cleef & Arples what do you think of?

The Alhambra necklaces and earrings?

Van Cleef & Arples is the most prestigious jewelers in Paris and in 2018 prices for Van Cleef are expected to rise in the US by 1-3%!

Lets find out how it started…

 

This story starts in 1898, when a woman named Estelle Arpels married Alfred Van Cleef. Both Van Cleef and Arpels came from families with an interest in the gemstone business. After getting married, Estelle, Alfred, and Estelle’s brother Charles set up a diamond-dealing business in a second floor office at 34 Rue Drouot in Paris. The business grew quickly and the company moved to 22 Place Vendome, opposite the famous Hotel Ritz, the boutique currently still resides here.  Over the decades, Van Cleef & Arpels went on to open a multitude of stores all over the world winning accolades.

It was later taken over by Richemont Group in 1999. The Richemont group is a Swiss based tobacco and luxury company, they own some of the worlds leading luxury brands such as Piaget, Cartier, Montblanc, Net-a-Porter and many more! Richmond Group acquired 60% controlling interest in Van Cleef & Arpels, increasing it to 80% in 2001 and finally, acquiring the remaining 20% interest in 2003.

Now the exciting stuff lets the iconic Van Cleef and Arpels Designs!

 

Van Cleef & Arpels prides itself in putting out jewelry designs that are unique, classic and embody unparalleled craftsmanship.

A few of its iconic designs

Alhambra

Was first launched in 1968, this iconic design has become its most popular design signifying luck, love, fortune and health. The white mother of pearl design reminds of the the most popular seller from VCA!

The Perlée collection, with its uniquely identifiable design in the form of the beaded borders quickly rose in popularity and over the years since it’s launch, many additions have been made to the Perlée line.

Why we love Van Cleef and Arpels is because it’s not just a luxurious brand with stunning pieces but they have been worn by Royalty!

In 1966, the Iranian government asked Arpels to design the coronation crown for the empress. After the marriage of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier, Van Cleef & Arpels was appointed as the jewelers to the court of the Principality of Monaco Richemontand it remains so to this day.

Now we no more about VCA and its history we can now understand why there will be an increase in price this year!

The company has everything going for it and more importantly it has strong financials . Van Cleef & Arpels is scheduled for another price increase this year in the United States of America!

So guys if you have specific pieces on your wishlist then now is the time to buy and there’s no better place to buy from then Luxury Promise, where prices are lower than in stores!

Don’t miss out on your chance for a great investment!

Shop Van Cleef and Arpels now at Luxury Promise

Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra Between the Finger Yellow Gold

Shop Now 

Van Cleef & Arpels Perlée Ring Yellow Gold & Diamond

Shop Now 

Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra bracelet, 5 motifs

Shop Now 

Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Bracelet

Shop Now 

Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra Between the Finger Ring White Gold

Shop Now 

Send this to a friend